Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan-verse
Films and Shows
- The Hunt for Red October
- The first film in the "Jack Ryan" series, we follow the adventures of our CIA analyst as he tries to aid a defecting Soviet submarine. We check out the film as see how Alec Baldwin does in his first, and only, appearance as the main character.
- Patriot Games
- Baldwin is out and Harrison Ford is in for the second film in the original theatrical film continuity. Having left the CIA between films, Jack Ryan is now a family man and history professor. But when the IRA attempts to kidnap a British royal, Ryan is back on the scene, kicking ass and saving America.
- Clear and Present Danger
- Ford returns to take on the drug trade and corrupt U.S. officials in the third and final film in the 1990s Jack Ryan series. We take a dive to see if it's a propagan-tastic as the previous films in the series.
- The Sum of All Fears
- With the role of Jack Ryan passing to Ben Affleck, we get the first of two reboots for the franchise on the big screen. We take a dive into the film to see just how it compares to what came before.
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
- The next reboot featured Chris Pine, of Star Trek fame, taking on the mantle of super-spy Jack Ryan. Does this reboot hold up or is it another shallow attempt to milk the franchise?
- Jack Ryan
- Jack Ryan is back, this time in his own television series. Another reboot to the continuity, we find Ryan back to being another CIA analyst, one who just happens to always find the next big terrorist threat. Come with us as we take a journey through the series.
- Without Remorse
- Spinning out of Amazon's Ryanverse, Michael B. Jordan takes on the role of John Clark, CIA "Ghost" and operative that can go wherever the official agents are unable.