The Works and Adaptations of Stephen King
- Carrie (1976)
- Sissy Spacek kicks off the Carrie franchise, starring in this 1976 film that came out two years after the original.
- The Rage: Carrie 2
- Twenty years later, another girl with telekinetic powers comes of age, but her fate is just as sealed as it was for Carrie.
- Carrie (2002)
- A TV movie that changes a few key details but, sadly, never got a chance to really take the character in new directions.
- Carrie (2013)
- A more modern adaptation that manages to keep with the times on some things, but ruins other parts of the story, ending up an an inferior adaptation.
Children of the Corn
- Children of the Corn (1984)
- Taking King's short story, this movie does about as much as it can with the source material which, frankly, isn't much.
- Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice
- Finding a way to stitch a second film onto the already used up source material. this film posits that many of the kids survived, only to go to a neighboring town to start killing again.
- Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest
- He Who Walks Between the Rows will not die, and he has another little kid preacher to lead the flock, this time in downtown Chicago.
- Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering
- Grace returns to her hometown to take care of her ailing mother but stumbles into a sudden outbreak, and then possession, as all the kids in town become Children of the Corn.
- Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror
- A group of friends head off to give their dead (and cremated) buddy a proper send off... but then they end up in the damned field of corn.
- Children of the Corn 666: Isaac's Return
- Stuck in a coma since the first film, evil corn-priest Isaac awakens to stalk and haunt a poor girl, Hannah, all to fulfil a prophecy no one said anything about up until now.
- Children of the Corn: Revelation
- Jamie goes to visit her grandmother at the apartment building the old lady is now living at, only to get sucked into the horrors of a corn-based death cult.
- Children of the Corn: Genesis
- Tim and Allie find themselves stuck in the backroads of California and end up at the cabin of a disciple of He WHo Walks Behind the Rows. But of two idiots disppear into a crazy corn sex cult, and no one is around to care, does it even matter?
- Children of the Corn: Runaway
- Ruth used to be part of the Gatlin corn cult, but then she escape with her unborn child. Now, years later the corn cult is back and looking for revenge.
- Firestarter (1984)
- Andy and Charlie are on the run from the government because they have psychic powers and the secret Shop wants them for theeir own nefarious purposes.
- It (1990)
- This first attempt at adapting the novel of the killer space-clown, this mini-series fails to capture the magic, the thrills, or the spark of the characters.
- It (2017)
- This more recent adaptation moves the setting to the 1980s to focus solely on the kids for this first half of a two-part series. It's also, far and away, the better half.
- It: Chapter Two
- The weaker second half of a two-part adapation, this film loses the suspense and horror of the original flick, becoming dumber and more comedic in the process.
- Nerdy Arnie falls in love with a car, an old junker that he works to restore to its former glory, but his friends notice a change in the nerd and, soon enough they begin to suspect the car itself is out to get all of them, an evil spirit that wants Anrie all for itself.
- The Stand (2020)
- Reworking a lot of the original book, this series tries hard but manages to somehow to fail the (already flawed) book on so many levels.