Articles, Thoughts, and Musings
DC Extended Universe
- Suicide Squad (DCEU 03)
- When Batman v Superman came out, people seemed to really hate the movie (which is understandable as it's terrible). This sent DC scrambling in an attempt to fix their universe. This lead to extensive reshoots for their next DCEU film, Suicide Squad which, reportedly, went through three different cuts before being released. Trust us, it didn't help.
- Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emanciptation of One Harley Quinn) (DCEU 08)
- Having broken up with the Joker, Harley is on her own, pursued by every bad guy, and about to get in a world of trouble. Good thing she's going to get a bit of backup.
- The Suicide Squad (DCEU 10)
- The Suicide Squad returns in a violent and bloody, humorous adventure that largely ignores what happened previously.
DC Animated Universe
- Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (DCAMU 09)
- Deep in the bowels of a government complex lies a prison that houses the worst of the worst, super-powered villains with little in the way of conscience or morals. This crew, the Suicide Squad, is sent out to handle missions no one else can. And if they die, who cares?
- Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (DCAMU 15)
- And with this, the war that has been building over fifteen movies finally happens. And with it, DC ushers in an end to this continuity
- Batman vs. Two-Face
- Adam West and Burt Ward come back again to take on a new dastardly demon, the rampaging ruler of ruckus, Two-Face.
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
- Decades after Joker was last seen, it seems like the Clown Prince of Crime has returned, and he's coming after Bruce, Terry, and everyone else in the Bat-family.
- Batman: Assault on Arkham
- When Batman viciously takes a prisoner way from Amanda Waller, she calls in her favorite team of supervillains (forced to work with her due to bombs in their necks): the Suicide Squad.
- Batman Ninja:
- A look at the direct-to-DVD DC animated film featuring Batman going back to feudal Japan. This film gets really anime.
- Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
- Adapted from the similarly named comics, this animated movie features a team up two unlikely teams, the Batman family and the TMNT, as they're forced to take on the combined forced of Ras Al Ghul and the Shredder. It is also an absolute, goofy delight.
- Harley Quinn:
- Based on her solo-comic, Harley Quinn has just broken up with the Joker and is forced to find her own footing as a villain in Gotham City. Thankfully she has great friends, like Poison Ivy, to help her on her way.