In 2017 Netflix launched a Castlevania anime series. Created by Frederator Studios and originally overseen by Warren Ellis, the series started as a loose (increasingly very loose) adaptation of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. It featured the adventures of a trio of heroes -- Trevor Belmont, Sypha Belnades, and Alucard -- as they fought against the forces of darkness on their way to take on the head evil, Dracula.
Over time the series was expanded to work in details from sequel game Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, with characters like Hector and Isaac eventually appearing in the series. Although these later seasons didn't directly mirror the later game, some influence, and events, were used to mirror their adventures.
With the release of the fourth season of the series the original run of the show has ended. Netflix already has plans to continue the series in different time periods, first focusing on the last 1700s in the time of Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. For now the series in complete, a pocket universe for Castlevania fans to explore.
Castlevania Anime Continuity
Additional Characters of Note
- The Alchemist, Protector of the Infinite Corridor
- The Captain, Pirate Leader
- The Elder, Leader of the Speakers
- Greta of Danesti, Monster Hunter
- The Judge, Town Leader of Lindendfeld
- Lisa Tepes (nee Lisa of Lupu), Healer and Wife of Dracula
- Saint Germain, Man Out of Time
- Sumi and Taka, Vampire Hunters from Japan
- Zamfir, Monster Hunter
- The Bishop, Leader of the Church at Gresit
- Carmilla, Head of the Council of Sisters
- Dracula, Lord of the Vampires
- Hector, Demon Forgemaster
- Isaac, Demon Forgemaster
- Lenore, Diplomat of the Council of Sisters
- Morana, Strategist of the Council of Sisters
- Striga, General of the Council of Sisters